Trans failed in windows 8

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Trans failed in windows 8

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

I just installed Windows 8. I have installed VS C# 2010 express with the XNA 4 but when I compil with the Xna target I have this message :

" error MSB4019: Le projet import&#130; "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.targets" est introuvable. V&#130;rifiez que le chemin d'acc&#138;s dans la d&#130;claration <Import> est correct et que le fichier existe sur le disque."

That means that it can't find "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.targets"

I have this too :

"TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /t:MonkeyGame /p:Configuration=Debug MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1"

If I try to compil for Windows OpenGL that works (I know that is not XNA but both use MSBuild).

An idea ?

Thank you in advance :)

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#2]
nobody knows ? :(

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#3]
Have you tried the WP8 SDK together with VS2012? You can build for target 7.x there as well. But I don't know if Monkey creates the appropriate project. Probably not but it should be possible to convert it from VS10 to VS12.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2012) [#4]
I believed that monkey has to work with vs2010 so I installed these versions. You think that monkey should work with vs2012 at least for the compilation ?

Thank's for you answer.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#5]
try loading monkey/targets/xna/MonkeyGame/MonekyGame/MonkeyGame.csproj and see if you can locate the Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.targets.

Change it there in targets, save it, then delete the monkeyproject.build folder, and re-compile.

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#6]
I had to install the full VS Express 2010 phone dev, then c# 2010 and some GFWL installer.

*off topic* anyone else noticed the html5 firepaint demo is super slow on win8?

dragon(Posted 2012) [#7]
i have Win8

i installed VS Express 2010 complete - after that i installed VS Express 2010 phone (you do not really need full suite)
After that i installed VS 2012 + Phone SDK 8 (i am now ready for the future)

I installed complete VS 2010+2012 over 5 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some stuff was not able to install, so i must update system every time.

I can recommend not using ISO version of VS - use always Web-installer and update, update, update :)

therevills(Posted 2013) [#8]
I've found a fix to the original issue and didn't see this thread until after I posted:

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4666

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#9]
That's the way to get XNA 4 + VS2010 Phone SDK running.
Works 100 % for me side by side with Win8 Dev using VS 2012