Back button windows mobile

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Back button windows mobile

OvineByDesign(Posted 2012) [#1]
Just had my first failure from the apphub and thought I'd post why here first before trawling the net for a solution (hopefully someone here knows the answer?)

"Pressing the Back button must return the application to the previous page or return to any previous page within the back stack."

Not sure if they mean We have to capture the back button to go back a page inside the game (back from the options screen to the title screen) or indeed back to quit out of the program ? ( or both )

Stu

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hi,

From: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh184840(v=vs.92).aspx

- Pressing the Back button from the first screen of an application must exit the application.

- Pressing the Back button must return the application to the previous page.

- If the current page displays a context menu or a dialog, the pressing of the Back button must close the menu or dialog and cancel the backward navigation to the previous page.

- For games, when the Back button is pressed during gameplay, the game can choose to present a pause context menu or dialog or navigate the user to the prior menu screen. Pressing the Back button again while in a paused context menu or dialog closes the menu or dialog.

Unfortunately, there's not Monkey can do to help here as it's a relatively low level framework...

OvineByDesign(Posted 2012) [#3]
Can monkey detect the back button at all? If so its easy enough to navigate screens in game but can monkey quit the execution?

If not does anyone have a workaround in xna?

Stu

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hi,

> Can monkey detect the back button at all?

JoyHit( JOY_BACK )

> can monkey quit the execution?

Error ""

OvineByDesign(Posted 2012) [#5]
Many thanks - I should have travelled the monkey forum ( I should have done it before posting)

I'll recompile and resubmit once working