register at the app hub

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/register at the app hub

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#1]
hi guys just wondering if anyone else had this prob at the app hub and if so how they resolved it.No matter how much i try it will not accept my credit card and so i cant pay my £65 registration fee,I know this is a common problem with them as ive done a lot of web searching and all i get is the runaround when i send an email to them.Its just the same solution which never works except they use different words.Also the card works fine everywhere else.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
I had exactly the same problem! And guess what? I just enrolled for the students entry and hadn't to pay anything at all! You don't need to prove that you're student, just select it that way. No costs and you're done.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#3]
looks like that may have changed now as it tell me im not registered with dreamspark and when i try to it aks for ID from student cards.Thanx for the idea though

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
Well ok, I'm registered with Dreamspark but had not to do anything special regarding this. Might be some magic behind this. I don't know. I tried it to pay before with two Visa cards - no chance. Then I said to myself, well I'm part time student (really!) and why not the other way and it worked.

Let me know when you've solved that issue. I'm curious about the reason. Did you try Visa as well?

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#5]
ive just looked at dreamspark and managed to get an account with some messing around.So i started watching the supplied video on how to get started and in it it says that when you want to deploy your app to the market you have to go through extra checks to verify you are a student.Have you had any problem with this.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#6]
No. I did not have any extra checks. It just went straight on. I wondered by myself because they just can't know that I'm a student.

For every other Microsoft I always had to provide a university mail address which is a common way to verify a student's status but not with their app hub.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#7]
well ive got 3 days off now to mess around with this and send lots of nasty emails to app hub help.If i figure something out i will post back and let people know.Or i might go to the pub, you'd be suprised how often i get inspired there.thnx for the help.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#8]
rofl. Good luck and drink a beer for me! :D

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#9]
ok finally managed it but its a real pain.You have complain several times before they stop sending the same instructions which simply do not work.After youve finally worn them down they send you a link to get a redeem code where you follow the easy to understand instructions that they send and you can input your credit card there.The only problem i can forsee is that i may have to go through this again next year when the subscription runs out.There has got to be an easier way to give people money.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#10]
I had a similar problem when I signed up a few months ago. The actual account was created but when it came to payment I kept getting an error code from the website. Looks like there is a bug that's still not been fixed think it has something to do with if you have a XBOX LIVE account. After several attempts and checking card details then registering a new card I gave up for a while.
Then two weeks ago I fired up the XBOX downloaded some updates and thought I would have a go at it but I use the XBOX to pay for it and guess what it finally worked.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#11]
yes i read somewhere that you can register your card using your xbox and then pay for it but i dont have an xbox so had to do it the hard way.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#12]
it didn't work with the Xbox the first time I tried it either.