just starting

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/just starting

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#1]
ok i got my new windows phone coming on monday and just wanted to know if the setup is like android can i just connect it to the pc and use it to run the programs i create

benmc(Posted 2011) [#2]
I don't know exactly, but after you build, and open your project in Visual Studio for C#, you may want to right-click the main project, go to its properties, and select the main startup project to be for the Windows Phone, then deploy to that target when your phone is connected. It was just that easy to get my app deployed to XBox once I had my developer app hub account setup, and the XNA software on the console.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#3]
Welcome. It's pretty straight forward. Please note that you have to register your phone as developer device before you can deploy something to it.

After that I usually use the deployment tool that comes with the dev tools. Ensure that you install the newer 7.1 SDK and not the older 7.0 even though both work of course.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#4]
If you don't wish to publish you can unlock your phone with the Chevron tool.

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks for the heads up on this guys and im sure that with my unique abilities i will soon make a right pigs ear of this.I may well be back to pick your brains thnx.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#6]
wow this has gone really easier than i thought it would.I thought their might be be teething problems deploying it to my phone but apart from the fact that it requires wav instead of ogg everything worked perfect from a game i had prevously wrote.No changes to the code or anything.Monkey just keeps on getting better in my eyes.