Anyone making an Xbox game then?

Monkey Targets Forums/XNA/Anyone making an Xbox game then?

Raz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is anyone else here currently using Monkey to make an Xbox game then?

Am I the only one having the issues I've previously mentioned?

anawiki(Posted 2011) [#2]
As soon as our adventure in iOS and Android land end I want to try xbox thingy... Though I can't even publish my game :(

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#3]
i was going to try my game on xbox for a laff, but then realised i need another hundred bucks to even try it out,
I will get the money later though :)

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#4]
I've put my own game up on my Xbox - pretty cool to see it running. Works nicely too. No plans to publish anything though.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#5]
Dopey, and you've seen no stuttering? Which xbox do you have?

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#6]

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#7]
No - no stuttering at all. It's a Pitfall II remake so screen paging left/right and up/down scrolling which is super-smooth.

I have 4 layers - background, objects, front and score. There are around 50 objects all up which I loop through each (didn't need to do any sort of minimising here just visible/not visible). The thing I don't do is create them as I go - all done up front.

The tile blocks are 32x16, but the collision tiles are 16x16. I was going to scale up from 320x240 to 640x480 but the scaling bleeding caused some probs so just upscaled everything. Thought that might also help with the speed. There are some animated tiles for the water also.

I've nearly finished but work has halted my progress in the past month. Really happy with it all though. Will post up some builds (xbox and glfw/mingw) once I get it finished.

Oh - have the newest S model.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#8]
Cheers Dopey :) I've got an old 'standard' xbox 360 so would be very interested in trying your build to see if I see the stuttering/gc.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#9]
No probs - once I'm done I'll post it up. May not be for a few weeks though.