windows phone 8.1

Monkey Targets Forums/Windows 8/windows phone 8.1

pantson(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi
I've attempted to compile my game using Monkey and VSexpress2013 and not having any luck.
Having only compiled for Android, HTML and XNA, is Windows Phone supposed to compile within Monkey? I get this error in the monkey console window
"C:/dev/bin/MonkeyXPro78h/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Windows_Phone_8_Game -config=Debug -run "C:/dev/Piranha/ads.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.68
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.33440
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.34014]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 03/06/2014 22:50:47.
Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj(560,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v8.0\Microsoft.WindowsPhone.v8.0.Overrides.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (3) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj(28,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj(560,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v8.0\Microsoft.WindowsPhone.v8.0.Overrides.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

"C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
  C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj(28,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.11
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform=Win32 MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

When I open the SLN file, I get the following popup
Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them. 
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
	 - MonkeyGame, "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj"

No changes required
These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
	 - MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent, "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj"
	 - MonkeyGame, "C:\dev\Piranha\ads.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln"

As I have never used Visual Studio, I'm struggling to see if Monkey is the issue or VS or Windows 8.1
Can someone describe what is supposed to happen please?

Leginus(Posted 2014) [#2]
Silly question, but have you installed the windows phone 8 sdk?

pantson(Posted 2014) [#3]
I want to say yes, but I'm not at my dev machine to confirm

But I have installed the 8.1 sdk and vs2013 update 2 which should include the whole suite
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/hh852363.aspx
The Windows SDK no longer ships with a complete command-line build environment. You must install a compiler and build environment separately. If you require a complete development environment that includes compilers and a build environment, you can download Visual Studio Express, which includes the appropriate components of the Windows SDK.

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#4]
Make sure you open the project with VS2013 Windows, not VS2013 Windows Desktop.

pantson(Posted 2014) [#5]
Tried both. no luck in either ;-)

Is Monkey supposed error like that during compile?

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#6]
Sorry didn't look at your error log, no it should build normally with no errors, maybe use http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8520 to make sure all your SDK's are installed correctly?

pantson(Posted 2014) [#7]
tried that...
still nothing compiles :-(

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#8]
Do any of the Bananas compile?

pantson(Posted 2014) [#9]
I've tried a few and no luck either. Exactly the same errors

"C:/dev/bin/MonkeyXPro78h/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Windows_Phone_8_Game -config=Debug -run "C:/dev/bin/MonkeyXPro78h/bananas/difference/clock/clock.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.68
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.33440
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.34014]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 07/06/2014 15:24:53.
Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj(161,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v8.0\Microsoft.WindowsPhone.v8.0.Overrides.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (3) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj(178,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v7.0\Microsoft.Cpp.WindowsPhone.7.0.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj(161,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v8.0\Microsoft.WindowsPhone.v8.0.Overrides.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

"C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
  C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj(178,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\v7.0\Microsoft.Cpp.WindowsPhone.7.0.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.27
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform=Win32 MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

VS2013 after opening the SLN file
Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them. 
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
	 - MonkeyGame, "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.csproj"

No changes required
These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
	 - MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent, "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.PhoneComponent.vcxproj"
	 - MonkeyGame, "C:\dev\bin\MonkeyXPro78h\bananas\difference\clock\clock.buildv78h\winrt_winphone8\MonkeyGame.sln"

VS2013 screenshot
http://postimg.org/image/6dnl6ivrb/

I'm thinking that Monkey in its current form is compatible with VS2013 and 8.1 SDK
(and once installed you cant roll back to SDK8 or VS2012)

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#10]
I have SDK8 and VS2012 installed and VS2013 (With SDK 8.1) installed and my Monkey WP8 Solutions open fine in both VS2012 and VS2013. It looks like Monkey does need SDK8 to build the project:

Make sure your VS2013 has the 8.0 SDK enabled?
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/439cfe2f-4e8e-472b-aa34-391246c473e6/adding-windows-phone-80-sdk-to-vs-2013?forum=visualstudiogeneral

pantson(Posted 2014) [#11]
Well good news..

I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled vs2013, 8.0 sdk and 8.1sdk and now I can compile within vs2013. Monkey still errors when compiling but loading the sln into VS it compiles on uploads to my phone.
The app still crashes when loading images
I'll post up some code for peeps to test

Many thanks for all your help