Accelerometer ???

Monkey Targets Forums/Windows 8/Accelerometer ???

Alienforce(Posted 2014) [#1]
Is there no support for Accelerometer functionality on Win 8 Phone in Monkey ?? O.o

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#2]
Don't the default accelerometer commands work in Win8 Phone?

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#3]
They should. You may need to activate via the config file though. Mark added a preprocessor option quite a will ago for it.

Alienforce(Posted 2014) [#4]
Cant find any info about how to activate it :(

Any advise?

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#5]
Haven't got a project in front of me. I'll get back to you in around 12-18 hours when I'm in front of a pc.

Alienforce(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thanks dopeyrulz ! :D

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#7]
Certainly was available in the older xna based projects as I helped get it running. The info in the help about config.monkey doesn't list any options for the new projects. Will take a look in the source shortly.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#8]
Actually after searching the source I couldn't find anything initially but compiling and running Mark's AccelTest sample project (bananas\mak\acceltest) it worked fine on my WinPhone 8. Since then I've found the code relating to the Accelerometer - the base source is tricky to locate stuff generically across the various OSes.

Alienforce(Posted 2014) [#9]
Mark's AccelTest sample don't work with my Nokia Lumia 920 ... ball/circle don't move ... Dopeyrulz Did you do any changes to the CONFIG.MONKEY ??

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#10]
I downloaded the latest build v78f? and built the Windows Phone specific project. Opened the solution in VS2013 and ran the project to the phone. Worked also in the emulator. Made no changes except to fix a bug highlighted in the project compile log. I also have a 920.

Alienforce(Posted 2014) [#11]
YES!!! Works!
Did a brutal fix to get rid of the errors :)
Thanks a lot Dopeyrulz for taking time to help me out!!!!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#12]
No probs! Have posted a reference to this error in the v78f release log.