studio express 2013

Monkey Targets Forums/Windows 8/studio express 2013

freedo(Posted 2014) [#1]
The manual states that for win 8 target you need express 2012.

I have 2013..are they both compatable...with monkey.

The reason I ask is that my projects wont compile at the moment im
getting this...

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(1810,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v11.0\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Cpp.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. [C:\MonkeyPro75d\MonkeyPro75d\badkitty 05,04,14\badkitty 05,04,14\Project Bill\project.build\winrt_win8\MonkeyGameNative.vcxproj]

If this express 2013 is compatable then I think it probably monkey config issue..
how do i check the path is correct to vs 2013.

any help greatfully reicieved.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
I haven't got Windows 8 or Visual Studio 2013 installed, but it sounds to me that the Visual Studio target project files needs to be update. First open your projects winrt Visual Studio Solution file it, will say that it's from an older version of Visual Studio and has to be converted. Do the conversion and the build the project in Visual Studio. If it works then do the same for the templates. Make a backup copy of the winrt_win8 and winrt_winphone8 directories in the monkey targets directory and then open the original Visual Studio winrt solutions, it should ask if you want to update them; do so and save.
If it still has errors then you may have to create a new empty solution and copy over the settings from the earlier solution.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#3]
I got the same error. Tried to convert solution. Unsuccessfully.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#4]
As Dawlane explained that process should work no probs.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#5]
As Dawlane explained that process should work no probs.
Doesn't always work.
The error freedo is getting is down to Visual Studio needing the V110 Platform Toolset installed. Conversion doesn't always work, more so if you have two versions of Visual Studio installed. I had this problem when I installed VS2010 and then installed VS2012. The only solution that worked for me was to create a new empty VS2012 project and manually add the setting from the VS2010 project file.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#6]
I have done it. My problem was in using subst utility to organize multidisk configuration: system (drive c:) and dev (drive d:) . VS's utility doesn't find some substed files.

freedo(Posted 2014) [#7]
Getting closer..

now getting this pop up.

the project cannot be started directly.

in order to debug this project you must consume it from another application project that creates a package and is marked the startup project.

but I cant find a startup project in the solution..?

any thoughts..

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#8]
Right click the solution (not the project) in the solution explorer. The settings should be in there. You may find it in the properties as well.

Edit: Which version of Visual Studio 2013 Express are you using for the windows 8?

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#9]
dawlane wrote:
The settings should be in there. You may find it in the properties as well.

Yes, it is in there. I mark as startup project the first item (MonkeyGame (Windows 8.1))

Axeman(Posted 2014) [#10]
I'm getting the same problem, brand new install of Win 8, visual studio 2012 express and monkey. nothing else. I get the same error, looks like its looking for a file that does not exist. And I cannot find the .targets file anywhere else.

Anyone got any hot tips ?