Soft Keyboard

Monkey Targets Forums/Windows 8/Soft Keyboard

Amnesia(Posted 2013) [#1]
Has anyone found a way to display the Soft Keyboard on windows 8? Searching I found that there is no way to do that programmatically, and that the OS do it "automagically". (It detects the last touch on the screen and it matches it with the bounding boxes of textinputs displayed)
I'm thinking about the following solutions:
- Switching the view to a xaml document with a single TextInput (I have no idea how to do this)
- Display a popup with a TextInput (Don't know if this is posible)
- Program a simple keyboard to enter the input. (I estimate about a day or less of work, but is not reusable)

Any pointers on the best options?

Amnesia(Posted 2013) [#2]
I will self-answer this question since we "solved" the problem.
First, I need to make this clear. In windows 8 there's is no way to call the SoftKeyboard programatically. Showing the softkeyboard it's a OS function. From MSDN, everytime the user taps on screen (not click, touch input) the OS matches the coordinates with all the bounding boxes of TextBoxes (or other inputs) that can receive text. If it matches, then it shows the soft keyboard.
So our solution was to change to Monkey75d since it changed to a xaml based project. That way we could place a xaml TextBox and show it and hide it when we wanted to get user text.