which tablet

Monkey Targets Forums/Windows 8/which tablet

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#1]
can anyone recommend a good tablet. my android galaxy tab has just given up the ghost so i figured id buy a windows 8 tablet next.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#2]
I'm not much help with the Windows tablets, but if you were still interested in Android based, Google Nexus 7 has served me very well, as well as the ASUS Transformer series. Google just recently released a newer version of their Nexus 7 too.

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#3]
yeah i was considering a nexus 7 but i think im gonna try a windows 8 tab next.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2013) [#4]
If you can stretch (and want to use for development as well) go for the Surface Pro. If it's purely for consumption, the Surface RT may suffice (with Office built-in) otherwise ASUS and some others have an ATOM based versions.

There is apparently new surface models coming in the next few months.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
I have an Acer W7 and I love it.

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#6]
just been pcworld and was advised that the new surface models are due out mid september.They said that they will be full windows 8 and not rt and another price drop is expected on earlier models.I think i can wait a month and see what they are like.In the meantime i bought a nexus 7,i know its not a windows tablet but i had money in my pocket burning a hole.I will prob get a surface next month as well.Thanks for the feedback guys.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#7]
Very cool you got a Nexus 7! I get the "burning a hole in the pocket" feeling :) It will be good to have both anyways, dave.h!