ARM + OpenGL ES?

Monkey Targets Forums/User Targets/ARM + OpenGL ES?

Jimage(Posted 2014) [#1]
Is anyone maintaining a target for the likes of Raspberry Pi and OpenPandora? I'm holding off from purchasing Monkey-X until I can be pretty sure it will support these platforms. The Pandora is the primary platform I plan to develop for, and the Pi generally runs the same code and binaries as the Pandora.

There is this Pi/Pandora target [https://github.com/tluyben/GLFW-3-Monkey-target] which hasn't been updated since Monkey 68. I assume that would not work as-is on the latest version?

As a workaround in the meantime I used glshim, which wraps OpenGL calls into OpenGLES 1.1, to compile the straight GLFW desktop code on the Pandora, testing with a simple mouse click/touch driven app (www.jimage.org/apps/quack0).

Taking the Monkey project's build directory and the gcc/g++ commands from Ted's console output and copying in the glshim files (plus replacing all the instances of uint8 in stb_image.c with uint8_t), results in a usable application--until you press a key or try to interact with the window manager. It runs while I'm simply tapping the screen, but if I click on anything outside the window or press a key, it locks up the entire system requiring a hard reboot.

A plain app with placeholder methods and only including mojo.app and leaving out input, audio and graphics, freezes the machine as well. So it would not seem to be a particular call, but something going on in Monkey's background loop. But it's hard to say if it's something to do with X11 or glshim. I haven't tested it on the Pi yet, but will do this in the near future, as well as on a new Pandora firmware and dev kit version.