Just Purchased Monkey Pro, cant figure out setup

Monkey Targets Forums/User Targets/Just Purchased Monkey Pro, cant figure out setup

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi, I just purchased MonkeyPro (without backup CD), it cost me $113 USD not $99 USD ????

First thing I noticed Build Desktop App (.exe) is now missing (it is on free version) ????

Only some of the Targets are on the Target list

So far I have installed the Android SDK but now im lost, its not just plug & play LOL

Is there a tutorial anywhere ? im lost, whats a trans file ? somehow I must set it correctly, but how , I dont know ?

Im (trying) to setup on Windows first for Android, then will set it up on Mac OS for IOS

I cant build any of the demo's I just get error messages ,I get a TRANS failed error, Return code=1 ?

Can anyone help, so far I can do less with the full version than with the demo version !

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hi. You should probably post this next time in the "beginners" section of the forum.

Answers:
1. http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=8007
The second post in that thread lists how to set up each target.

2. a trans file is the transcc.exe which is the Monkey compiler.
you actually should edit the Monkey/bin/config.txt file so the paths are correct to the locations you installed to.

3. does the html5 target work? do you see a desktop target?

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks, I don't see a desktop target, it works on the demo version ?

MinGW installed at C:\MinGW

Html5 only works.

I have just created folder C:\monkey_sdks
put apache-ant-1.9.3 in it and adjusted path in config.winnt

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#4]
You should also modify the config.winnt.txt document inside the monkey bin folder. If you open the document, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yes I have that open, I cant figure out why I dont get "Desktop Game" option on MonkeyPro version ???

The link in Marks post to oalinst.zip is dead ! but I found the download and reinstalled it and reinstalled MinGW

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#6]
openAL link:
http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal-soft-1.15.1-bin.zip

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#7]
Basically I have followed Marks instructions exactly and NO DESKTOP GAME !!!! but demo version is no problem , ARRRGG

why is there no option for DESKTOP GAME under build target in the IDE ????

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#8]
There should be a copy of the openAl installer in the MonkeyX zip file.

EDIT: You will find it in targets->glfw

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#9]
It appears I have an older version 75d ????

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#10]
I'm pretty sure it's something wrong in your configuration file. What are your GLFW settings on your configuration file of the pro version?

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#11]
Do you mean this:
MSBUILD_PATH="${WINDIR}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe"

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#12]
This is in the error message:

error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#13]
I solved the problem, when I purchased the product shareit gave me a link to download MonkeyPro , so as you do , I downloaded from that link

The version downloaded via the shareit link is an older version and doesnt work properly (as I described, it wouldnt compile)

After hours of frustration I realized the demo version has a higher version number, so I checked and found the newer version of the full version.

It now compiles, If you download from the link provided after making online payment you get nothing but problems !

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#14]
Blitz are going to update the shareit version.

After messing around with older version for hours , new version went off without a hitch !

I can now plug in Android Tablet and run demos on it no problems.

Im using Windows XP SP 2
Android 4.2.2