GLFW

Monkey Targets Forums/User Targets/GLFW

frank(Posted 2013) [#1]
Ouch: Can a moderator please change the title of this topic to GLFW3? It's a GLFW3 target...

Continuing from this thread:

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4708#51067

Source and install HOWTO:

https://github.com/tluyben/GLFW-3-Monkey-target

Please note as of writing this is not well tested and only on an OpenPandora at that.

Roadmap:

- test building
- test sound
- make it run on Rasberry PI
- make it run on Mac / Lin / Win (should be trivial actually)

frank(Posted 2013) [#2]
How do I handle any distribution of this? I want to provide others with the change Mojo but obviously I can't. They would have bought Monkey (otherwise they cannot use it?); I think that would only be a good thing; working on Rasberry maybe more people buy? It's only the native mojo.glfw3.cpp file; what do I do?

Actually: I would like to distribute the entire thing as Angstrom PND, but I don't think I can ?

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#3]
did you get it to run on x86linux yet?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#4]
an IPS patch with diffs for mojo.glfw.cpp might satisfy the no-redistribute requirement, since it would only have the code needed to make it work for the glfw3 target. This is presuming that the patch doesn't have enough information in it to reverse-engineer mojo, and again presuming the code isn't that much different. Don't quote me on that, though :)

DruggedBunny(Posted 2013) [#5]
Hope you get it working on Pi, hardware acceleration is really needed on that platform! Why not send Mark an email and ask about distribution options?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#6]
Oh, it seems according to the instructions, you don't necessarily have to modify mojo.glfw.cpp, just make another copy for the glfw3 target? If that's the case, just add a script or batch file to do this to the source code, and let people run it themselves...

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#7]
im cross-compiling it and it says

_window is not defined in this scope
_monitor is not defined in this scope

did you run into this problem when you compiled on pandora?

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#8]
do you have the glfw.a file?
I need it to make monkey games run

frank(Posted 2013) [#9]
@slenkar No I didn't run into that! And yes I have the glfw.a file; let me look that up for you!

_window and _monitor are for the GLFW3 features to support multiple monitors which GLFW2 did not have. I assume just one monitor now so it always gets the default and puts that into _monitor. So it should exist. I'll check if I forgot it in the HOWTO!

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#10]
hi
I simply added global variables GLFWwindow _window and GLFWmonitor _monitor to the top of the main.cpp template and it compiled,

the only problem is that when I ask someone on the pandora forums to test a build they say the window fails to open,Im thinking its because of the GLFW.a file giving the wrong commands because I compiled it on a desktop and it probably didnt turn out right, because the ./config probably picked up on the desktop instead of cross-compiling

frank(Posted 2013) [#11]
Ah yeah, I compiled it on the device itself. So that's probably the difference.