C#_Tool

Monkey Targets Forums/User Targets/C#_Tool

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm writing a C#_Tool target so we can make command line tools using C#, as an alternative to the C++_Tool as the C++_Tool does not have any garbage collector.
This could eventually open the door also to the creation of JungleIde plugins using Monkey.
I've took the XNA target as a starting point, as it uses the C# translator, but I'm stuck on getting it working. It complains about the resources file on the MonkeyGameContent folder...
If anyone with more XNA experience can bring some light I would appreciate it a lot.

This is the current target implementation:

http://www.jungleide.com/posts/csharpcommand.zip

Just unzip the folder into your targets folder to see it fail.
Note: This is NOT intended to be a Mojo target, just an empty monkey target like the C++ Tool one.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#2]
This could be quite useful, have you had any progress?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#3]
I have been unable to get rid of the "contents" thingy wich is something related to XNA. I hope someone can lend a hand...

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#4]
Isnt contents where ressources is located for xna? I think this is needed for the xna framework and unfortunally not optional. The main problem is that you took xna target as a starting point for this. Shouldnt you start from a console app? I am pretty sure it would be easier to work with for your needs. I am not aware on how targets work orwhatever so i may be wrong. Why have you used the xna target as a starting point? What have been reused?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
Why have you used the xna target as a starting point? What have been reused?

I'm not! I created an empty C# command line project, but I think Trans is trying to make something with the unexistant components folder. If anyone can take a look, it would be super sexy XD

Markus(Posted 2013) [#6]
i copyd the xna target,opened the solution in visual studio c# 2010 express
and leave only MonkeyGame in project tree, the rest removed per menu.
in project settings i set to console app.

the sub main will created if ted compile a monkey code with this new target.

normal the programm parameters comes in there:
  public static void Main(string[] args)
   {
       Console.WriteLine("Number of command line parameters = {0}",
          args.Length);
       foreach(string s in args)
       {
          Console.WriteLine(s);
       }
   }

Markus(Posted 2013) [#7]
the commandline arguments can also get later with this Environment Class