PS Vita target ready for prime time?

Monkey Targets Forums/PSM/PS Vita target ready for prime time?

benmc(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm really considering buying a PS Vita and making games for it, but wanted to make sure that the PS Vita / PSM target was in really good shape before I did this.

Are there any pitfalls or problems, or is it fully operational? Anyone have experience with on-device performance?

Soap(Posted 2013) [#2]
I tried to get Sony and Mark in contact but don't know if they ever got things fixed so Mark could license it - earlier Sony decided to not open up licensing globally which excluded NZ. I don't know if he still wants to support it, but would be said if he decided to stop for sure. PSM target will be a stepping stone toward PS4 target. Vita isn't super important at this very moment... but it will be. Vita is a long play by Sony and will be way more important once PS4 launches.

Last time I tried it didn't work with the latest PSM SDK but I have not tested recently.

benmc(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks so much for replying, I'll definitely hold off and put my money toward an Xperia Play or something instead.

arawkins(Posted 2013) [#4]
If you are curious you can still download PSM Studio and test and build projects in the simulator (I think you need a dev license to test right on the vita though). I recently tested using the latest stable version of PSM Studio (1.00.02) and was able to get my game to build and run straight from v67f of Monkey. I had a few problems with audio and the fontmachine module but other than that it was pretty painless.