OUYA target?

Monkey Targets Forums/Ouya/OUYA target?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'll keep it simple - can you build for OUYA?

I'm assuming it's just Android.... right?

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#2]
There's an Ouya target so i'd assume so, yes it's a variation of android.

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#3]
If you haven't already seen it
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4760

skape(Posted 2013) [#4]
Is there something lacking in Mark's implementation?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
I have, but I'm really not interested in "user" targets - from past experience, user-created stuff tends to just disappear or get abandoned after a while so there's little point risking becoming reliant on it.

There's an Ouya target so i'd assume so, yes it's a variation of android.
There is? There isn't a forum for it.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#6]
Is OUYA already available in retail?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#7]
I have, but I'm really not interested in "user" targets - from past experience, user-created stuff tends to just disappear or get abandoned after a while so there's little point risking becoming reliant on it.

the flip side of the coin is that, without community involvement, "user" targets have a harder time finding bugs and finding motivation to work on it. plus, i thought BRL's original statement regarding the Ouya target was that it is not officially supported.

but anyhow, yes, the "user" Ouya target is behind on updates, because now that BRL released their own, there's little need to maintain it (for the moment).

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#8]
I know what you mean. Just like so many tools and libraries that I have used over the years Xors3D/iXors being one. I have come to the conclusion now that it would be more beneficial to write my own stuff or use a well established product that's been around for years.

Well Amazon are definitely selling it.

skid(Posted 2013) [#9]
According to VERSIONS.TXT the OUYA target was added by Mark in v74A and has had several controller API tweaks since.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#10]
Ouya targets works fine. Already have a game published for a while with about 50 downloads a day.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#11]

Yes, has been for some time:
http://www.amazon.com/OUYA-Console/dp/B0050SZD18
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ouya/8042042.p
http://www.target.com/p/ouya-gaming-console/-/A-14471484

GfK(Posted 2013) [#12]
...and just so nobody reads this later and thinks I'm a complete tool (well, no more than usual) - the OUYA forum that this thread now resides in, wasn't here when I asked the question. It was originally posted in another section.

Kthxbye!

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#13]
I saw something on Facebook about several OUYA boxes and controllers were supposedly found for sale at a local Target grocery store but nearly no one noticed it.

Soap(Posted 2014) [#14]
OUYA is a good buy for consumers right now. Might not make you rich, but there are enough good games on it to make it worth it. Buy one, make builds, upload, and then gift it to someone who doesn't have a console.

computercoder(Posted 2014) [#15]
I've seen them in the Gamestops here locally too. They don't actually carry the consoles tho. You see the empty advertised box on the shelf, and then have to order them. Its better than nothing. I continuously pimp the console out to anyone looking for a cheap console that has some decent games or if they are looking to make something to build for one. Its very affordable, and can help you get a good understanding of what it takes to make something for a console in general.

Landon(Posted 2014) [#16]
Target seems to have them in the mobile gaming section in stores, that's where i bought mine.

Citty(Posted 2014) [#17]
if you have monkey pro, then you go to your build section, and simply select OUYA