[solved] Cant get Android to build on MacBook

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/[solved] Cant get Android to build on MacBook

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#1]
-pre-build:

-build-setup:
[getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 19.0.3
[echo] Resolving Build Target for MonkeyGame...

BUILD FAILED
/Users/macbook/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:542: Unable to resolve project target 'android-24'

Similar error for Ouya, but Android-19

I have no idea how to fix or what the error means, so I used the Android SDK manager and installed ALL the SDKs and EVERYTHING else, I have the NDK (r9d) installed etc

No luck yet, I have flash, iOS,html5 and desktop working.

Help !

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#2]
I have made it worse , I'm so sick of this ,is there a tutorial anywhere on how to setup Android on Mac, this is really pissing me off, I can't get Monkey to build everything on all three laptops, I'm spending hours working on config files.

Im sick of setting up config files for monkey !

sh: ant: command not found !!!!!!!!!

Good stuff ! I'm sick of how monkey has to be configured, it should come "out of the box" with the ability to configure the paths itself ! thats what computer code is good for, I tell you Monkey gets 2 out of 5 from me, when I don't have to configure it and that "config" file gets banished to deep inside the registry where it belongs, I will give it a 5 out of 5

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#3]
ANT_PATH="${HOME}/apache-ant-1.10.1ā€
FLEX_PATH="${HOME}/flex_sdk_4.12.0ā€
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/Library/Android/sdk"
ANDROID_NDK_PATH="${HOME}/android-ndk-r9dā€

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#4]
I have both Android SDK paths set in the config file ?

If I remove the second one ${HOME}/android-sdk-macosx nothing comes up in the build options for android, but I also have the android SDK in the 'library' folder

do I move 'android-idk-macos' to 'library/android/sdk/android-sdk-macos' ????

sh: ant: command not found is all I get now, I'm confused and don't have a clue how to configure this product that I paid for.

I need clear instructions on the paths, Ive been working on this for three days now trying to get all the builds working.

I says 'sh: ant: command not found' which is a path thing ?

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#5]
The config file was messed up by using note pad so I started again, got rid of all the comments so I can see what the paths are set to:

MODPATH="${MONKEYDIR}/modules;${MONKEYDIR}/modules_ext"
HTML_PLAYER=open -n "${MONKEYDIR}/bin/mserver_macos.app" --args
ANT_PATH="${HOME}/apache-ant-1.10.1"
FLEX_PATH="${HOME}/flex_sdk_4.12.0"
'FLASH_PLAYER="...?..."
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/android-sdk-macosx"
ANDROID_NDK_PATH="${HOME}/android-ndk-r9d"

THIS IS THE LATEST ERROR;

[getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 19.0.3
[echo] Resolving Build Target for MonkeyGame...

BUILD FAILED
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
/Users/macbook/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:542: Unable to resolve project target 'android-24'

skid(Posted 2017) [#6]
You may now need to run the Android SDK Manager and install the android-24 sdk.

Boulderdash(Posted 2017) [#7]
Thanks, suddenly I have solved it, I had opened the config file with the mac os x text editor which did something I believe, so I started again from a new copy.

I solved the problem like this ( hopefully this will help others)

I started the "SDK Manager Application" then went into "CONFIGURE/SDK MANAGER" then one the third line top of window it says "Android SDK Location" and I copied the path from that text box and pasted it into the config file "using Monkey X" to edit the config file.

ANDROID_PATH="/Users/macbook/Library/Android/sdk"

working, I find this very frustrating, its taken days and dozens of giga-bytes of downloading, HTML builds in about 2 seconds.