is it possible ...?

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/is it possible ...?

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hey Monkeys,
just have a supid question.
is it possible to install an iOS App on an IPhone, without AppStore/Apple Dev ID (or something)?
I have no Mac/IPhone or any Apple product, but a friend of me has, he said, i could borrow for a week, so i can Compile. I have no Apple ID , but i'd love to install an App for a friend, without paying 100$/year (as it's just this one app, it wouldn't worth it).

Bye

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
With XCode 7, i read that it is possible to install apps without a paid developer subscription.

Samah(Posted 2015) [#3]
@MikeHart: With XCode 7, i read that it is possible to install apps without a paid developer subscription.

Wow, that's news to me. I guess I don't need use jailcoder any more.

Qube(Posted 2015) [#4]
Yup, finally with Xcode 7 we'll no longer need to jump through a crazy amount of hoops just to test directly on iOS devices.

You'll still need a MAC / iOS device / Apple ID but at least the initial provisional profiles headache will finally be over.

Free Provisioning
Develop on your own device. Part of being successful at debugging and testing is being able to run your app on a physical device. You’ve always been able to build and run on Simulator in the past, but running on a device required a complex set of steps to allow you to install and run your app. With Xcode 7, all you need is an Apple ID and you can develop and test on any device.
See Launching Your App on Devices in App Distribution Guide for detailed information about installing and running on devices.