Touch input 'slowdown' on some IOS devices

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Touch input 'slowdown' on some IOS devices

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#1]
I recently added some graphical niceness to the app I'm working on. To make sure the target devices didn't choke processing thousands of individual DrawImageRect calls, I dipped into Mojo and added support for caching geometry, so that after the first time it's drawn, it can just resubmit the final vertex data to GL. This works absolutely fine in Windows, and on an iPhone5.

On an iPad4, however, something very odd happens. It was reported to me that the graphics were causing severe framerate slowdown, but when I actually looked at it, the graphics are still rendering perfectly smoothly - a solid 60fps. That much is obvious from the smooth movement and animation of various parts of the screen.

The touch input, on the other hand, goes haywire. As soon as the new graphic geometry is drawn, the touch input becomes progressively jerkier. That part of the game involves dragging something around the screen with your finger. It starts off tracking smoothly, but rapidly becomes jerkier and jerkier until there's a good half-second between position updates. Meanwhile the rest of the game motors along at 60fps.

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Thanks!

rosannacampbell(Posted 2015) [#2]
You can do one thing if you want to improve your graphics. I got the same issues then one of my friend recommended me this. The motion graphics you should go with it. I am also a animator working on motion graphics in New York, thats why I am able to suggest you this.You can also visit this:http://platinumplatypus.com
Hope you like it. Please do reply.

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#3]
Spam much?