Itunes Rejected No Copy / Paste

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Itunes Rejected No Copy / Paste

Landon(Posted 2015) [#1]
My app keeps getting rejected because they cannot copy and paste login info.

Typing is hard apparently. So i don;t know what to do. I can;t find any info on a native copy & paste functionality for iOS and i really don;t want to have to make a module for that as i am in a time crunch to get this submitted.

Landon(Posted 2015) [#2]
Also they redirected me to the submission guidelines and NO WHERE does it say that clipboard or copy and paste functionality is a requirement.

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#3]
That's the first I've ever heard of having to support copy/paste. Maybe it was one reviewer's interpretation. You could literally submit the same identical app six times and get six different submission responses.

Did they actually quote or state what the specific rule is?

Just Googling and browsing, can't find any mention of that.

Landon(Posted 2015) [#4]
They forwarded me to the Submission guidelines, and then i forwarded them back to their submission guidelines reminding them that copy & paste is not a requirement for apps.

they finally approved it.

seriously though... that's just pure laziness of whomever was approving the app.

Yea they just said

"Specifically we cannot copy and past the login information"

That was the reason it was rejected initially.

Landon(Posted 2015) [#5]
Anyways its in the store now :)

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=953304318&mt=8

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#6]
Awesome!

And yeah, keep in mind it isn't just "Apple", it's actually a hundreds of different reviewers each with their own interpretation of the rules. And it's random who you get. Sometimes you get someone who knows what they are doing. Other times, you get some guy making it up on the fly. Seems you got the later, but good to hear it got through!