iAds and IAP successful use?

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iAds and IAP successful use?

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

Has anyone implemented iAds with an In App Purchase to remove them?

From the limited info I could see, I think you code the iAds in XCode and the IAP in Monkey X?

I've got a publisher who is insisting on iAds so if I can't get them working I have to move away from Monkey and I really don't want to do that!

Thanks,
Steven

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#2]
You can have iAds in Monkey. I don't remember what I did, but I did it once a long time ago - and I controlled where and when the ads showed up, so it's definitively possible.

As far as I remember, I just replicated the iOS target into a new "iAd" target, added the necessary stuff with XCode and saved it. Then was just a matter of initializing, showing and hiding the ads with monkey code. I remember using the AdMob lib as reference on how to do that.

Sorry I can't help you more than that - even if I dig out the code, it was to a really old Monkey version, so it probably won't even compile anymore.

Oh, and here's proof it can be done: https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/angry-stf/id593294852?mt=8

Game is in Portuguese, but easy enough to navigate. Don't mind the quality, it was a quick thing ;)

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks, I thought that I might be able to get iAds working and now I know for sure.

Does anyone else have more info on iAds and IAP to remove them?