Issues on iOS with timelineFX and diddy

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Issues on iOS with timelineFX and diddy

Raul(Posted 2014) [#1]
I want to integrate TimelineFX into my iOS game.

I downloaded the last TimelineFX and diddy module. Made a small test and after soving some issues was ok HTML target.

Moved to iOS, made the build and here the app is crashing:

/MonkeyPro78h/modules/diddy/xml.monkey<392>
/MonkeyPro78h/modules/timelinefx/loaders.monkey<55>

On HTML is ok. Slow but is working.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#2]
No error message?

Raul(Posted 2014) [#3]
Monkey Runtime Error: Uncaught Monkey Exception followed bu those 2 lines.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#4]
Anyone??? PLS?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2014) [#5]
It would help if you would work on providing more info yourself. As stands you're expecting people to go hunting for the lines of code and to guess what you're doing.

Looking at the current repositories, that error would seem to come from this line in diddy's xml code (there's no way of knowing if this is the version you're building though, which is why you should be digging this stuff out yourself):

392	    Throw New XMLParseException("XMLParser.ParseFile: Error: Cannot load " + filename)

Which suggests that the data file that you're attempting to load isn't being included in the build or something along those lines.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#6]
I am not expected for others to guess what I am doing.

I used the sample code from Rigsoft and does not work on ios. I do not know what else to say/do. I am using same files and on HTML works, ios not. Just wondering if others have the same problem. The file is there and is copied into the build folder..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
I may be wrong but was it iOS that has issues with spaces in file names? I don't own a mac but I'm sure I read something like that, might be worth a look.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#8]
@Paul:
no chance!

the app is crashing at this line:
MyEffects = LoadEffects("Explosions")

my folder structure is:
"data/Explosions/<files here>"

I added a
Print MyEffects.Name

after that line.

On HTML I receive a list of files, on iOS, nothing because is crashing :)

muddy_shoes(Posted 2014) [#9]
"I am not expected for others to guess what I am doing."

Not providing info on what you're doing kind of is expecting people to guess. How else would we know what your calling lines of code are? I've still no idea what this rigzsoft sample code is because you don't provide a link.

Based on what you've put above I'd suggest that you double check that the directory and file name you're using actually matches the directory and file name on disk. You're using mixed case and that's just asking for issues when moving between case sensitive and insensitive targets.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#10]
JavaScript is more genereous as ignoring things such as array out of bounds. I would suggest you to try it on c++ target with a nice debugstop and see if everything is properly loaded, etc.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#11]
I double checked the double check: Of course DATA.XML is not the same with data.xml.....
The sad part is that I tried to change the name of the file several times but Mac OS is trolling me. After I leave the folder the file was back DATA.XML
Had to manually delete it (with an error -41 :)) ) and copy paste a new file... WTF APPLE??

Anyway thanks all for helping me!