iOS and AdMob

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS and AdMob

bruZard(Posted 2014) [#1]
Apple rejected my app because i use AdMob:

After removing AdMob from Source i get this:

has anyone an idea whats going wrong?

malick(Posted 2014) [#2]
I had to check "Yes" on the question about whether I'm using IDFA when I had AdMob in place. Once I did that, the app validated fine.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
Apple will reject any application that has AdMob and it's not being used. I got an email from The Game Creators because App Game Kit has AdMob as a dependency.

bruZard(Posted 2014) [#4]
but i do use AdMob ... wtf?

Ironstorm(Posted 2014) [#5]
Login into iTunesConnect, click on your App, below "Versions" click on "View Details" and there on the blue button on the right side "Ready to Upload Binary". In the next step you've to check "yes" at the "Advertising Identifier".

This should fix your error.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2014) [#6]
Ironstorm: Good to know, I will release my app with admob soon.

I don't want to hijack your thread but are you guys all using vanilla brl.admob?
Because everytime I show an ad the framerate drops considerably (especially the first time).
It's to the point where I find it to be unacceptable.

Ironstorm(Posted 2014) [#7]
Because everytime I show an ad the framerate drops considerably (especially the first time).

I've heard about this issue. Currently, there is no solution to fix that at all. I've read about this in different communitys (CoronaSDK, StackOverflow etc.)

Are you running admob just on ios or on android, too? If you're developing it for android too and get those framerate drops then maybe try to integrate my Gameservice module with the admob part. It would be interesting if this problem has been solved in the new Admob SDK.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2014) [#8]
Just on iOS for now. Yeah, it's a well known problem because a google search will find a lot of topic on this.
Running in a background thread isn't allowed it seems.

bruZard(Posted 2014) [#9]
There is no button "Ready to upload binary:

Ironstorm(Posted 2014) [#10]
Yeah, I see. You already clicked on "Ready to upload binary".

This is a little bit tricky. Because you can't change the part of the Advertising Identifier until you create an update for this app. Unfortunately this one seems to be the first release, so you have to upload a simple "test" app with the same bundle identifier.
With "test"-app I mean a very very minimalistic monkey app. It isn't necessary that this one has any function. You even don't have to display anything. Just use the Into The Deep identifier, upload this binary within the application loader of XCode. When you've done that, just reject the binary.

How to reject a binary: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/Chapters/ChangingAppStatus.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011225-CH30-SW34

Then you can check Yes at the Advertising Identifier, just like in this image:

bruZard(Posted 2014) [#11]
thank you IronStorm!

dragon(Posted 2014) [#12]
ahhh...
what checkbox should i enable?

i read here that i should enable checkbox 1 + 4 for AdMob...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23124663/does-this-app-use-the-advertising-identifier-idfa-admob-6-8-0

is this correct?

bruZard(Posted 2014) [#13]
i've just checked the first.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2014) [#14]
I just got my app approved using admob, enabling checkboxes 1 & 4.
Thanks again IronStorm.