iOS simulator doesn't run - everything else does.

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS simulator doesn't run - everything else does.

paulscottrobson(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi - I'm experimenting with Monkey and am v. impressed. I just have one very minor problem.

I can build for Android works fine, also for iOS, no errors reported. From xCode it runs fine in both the simulator, and on a real device.

However, the simulator that loads as part of the build process doesn't run the game - it loads but it won't run the app, when you try to run it from the simulated screen it just returns back to the icons screen - despite working fine from xCode.

I have the latest build.

APC(Posted 2014) [#2]
It is working fine for me.

paulscottrobson(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yep...... everything works except the Simulator. It looks like its Apple's paranoia at work again. It's no real problem, it works if I open the Xcode project and run it immediately. Might be to do with using an experimental version, maybe, and Android/HTML5/everything else works great.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#4]
Just check trancc ios builder.

it tests path to match
1 "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Builders/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app"

2 "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app"
Real path to sim is 2 (on my Mac 10.9.2 with XCode 5.1.1 )

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#5]
Alas, monkey has never been able to magically launch the app on the simulator - the best it can do is stick the app somewhere the simulator can hopefully find it, and launch the simulator.

Even this is a hit and miss process, and gets broken by the occasional xcode update, so I recommend just running ios apps via xcode anyway. You can switch between Monkey IDE and xcode apps, and use 'F8' on the Monkey side to update the xcode project.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#6]
As solution - use ios-sim (or its fork) to call iphone simulator with monkey application