"Quick Compile"?

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/"Quick Compile"?

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
95% of the time that Monkey takes when I hit F5 is due to it trying to make use of XCode to actually compile the thing.

Given that I tend to ignore this, and instead open up the resulting xcode_proj file into XCode, then recompile it from there, I was wondering if it might be better to give Monkey some sort of quick-compile option, ("Translate"?) where it doesn't even bother to do any "actual compile" stuff, and instead works simply as the translator, to generate the xcode stuff and then leave the rest up to me.

... I am, of course, just being impatient, and should wait the few seconds for it to just do it's business.. but every second counts :D

quantum(Posted 2013) [#2]
Good point. My mac mini is really slow since upgrading to Mountain Lion, so translating & compiling in Ted and then recompiling in XCode is painful.

That's why I asked if I could get trans to translate to an XCode project on my Windows PC (http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5939) then I could just compile in XCode.

quantum(Posted 2013) [#3]
iPhone messed up the link... Translate to XCode on Windows?

Fred(Posted 2013) [#4]
use update instead of build with transcc
I edit my source files with Jungle on the PC, project files are on a NAS, and on the mac I have this script waiting for a keypress to build the main.mm file and XCode opened to build and launch the app.

#!/bin/bash

while :
do
/Users/MyName/MyAppPath/MonkeyPro74a/bin/transcc_macos -update -config=release -target=iOS_Game "/MyNetworkGamePath/dev/main.monkey"
echo build over at $(date)
read dummy
done

quantum(Posted 2013) [#5]
@Fred Thanks! Taking Ted out of the build process should let me store my modules folder anywhere. Great news.