Translate to iOS target on PC?

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Translate to iOS target on PC?

quantum(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm writing my code in JungleIDE on my fast PC and sharing it to my 2009 Mac Mini via a Windows share.

Since upgrading my Mac Mini to Mountain Lion it runs like a dog and takes minutes to compile and deploy. Therefore, I was wondering if it would be possible to do all of the monkey translating on the PC and just need to compile the XCode project on the Mac.

Is it a case of setting up the iOS target files on the Windows PC? Any one done this?

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#2]
You could simply install VirtualBox and install Mac OS X 10.8.x there. Then use the VM as your Mac running at the speed of your Windows computer. The Mac VM can access the shares on Windows, and you never leave the Windows OS while doing any of the work in Mac OS X Virtual Machine.

Honestly, it sounds like your Mac Mini might need a fresh build done to it. Re-install Mountain Lion fresh and see how it works. The down-side is that you will need to re-install everything going this route.

quantum(Posted 2013) [#3]
I upgraded to Mountain Lion via the app store, so not sure how I would install from scratch.

Also my Mac knowledge is limited (to say the least), just enough to build XCode projects =)

I'm sure the trans process could easily output the required files...

quantum(Posted 2013) [#4]
Just wanted to be clear I'm not one of those 'can I compile to iOS on windows' noobs! Just want to use trans to output an XCode project on Windows before compiling in XCode on a real mac!

dragon(Posted 2013) [#5]
i never know that i can buy macos separate and install on virtualbox