XCode5 - app won't build

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/XCode5 - app won't build

GfK(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm getting five errors:

/Users/dave/Documents/Crime Solitaire Monkey/crimesolitaire.build/ios/main.mm:4165:4: error: use of undeclared identifier 'app'
app->input->keyStates[i]&=0x100;
^
/Users/dave/Documents/Crime Solitaire Monkey/crimesolitaire.build/ios/main.mm:4170:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'app'
return app->updateRate;
^
/Users/dave/Documents/Crime Solitaire Monkey/crimesolitaire.build/ios/main.mm:4275:19: error: use of undeclared identifier 'app'
glReadPixels(x, app->graphics->height-y ,1 ,1 ,GL_RGBA ,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE ,pix);
^
/Users/dave/Documents/Crime Solitaire Monkey/crimesolitaire.build/ios/main.mm:4291:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'app'
if(app->audio->music)
^
/Users/dave/Documents/Crime Solitaire Monkey/crimesolitaire.build/ios/main.mm:4293:4: error: use of undeclared identifier 'app'
app->audio->music.currentTime = timeMillis/1000.0;

I have no clue at all what this means.

XCode5, Mountain Lion, building for iOS7 (or trying to), Monkey 74a.

Anybody got any clue what I need to do here?

[edit] I get exactly the same error in 75d.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
Christ on a bloody bike...

3:30 am and I just got finished submitting my update to Apple. The above errors were caused by using an older version of Diddy, which itself was a pain in the ass to update cos of the mercurial thing or whatever the hell that is. I had no clue what I was doing. The so-called "zip" version, is now a "rar" version, and I have nothing on my Mac that will extract rar files. Which is how I ended up fannying on with an HG client.

To my dismay, iOS Apps now need screenshots at three different sizes, and icons at FOURTEEN different sizes. Honestly, what in the name of Satan's gussets are Apple playing at? The whole XCode pantomime is getting to be a complete car crash.

I couldn't remember how to build from XCode in release mode, and that took me ages to work out. And that's all on top of downloading 3GB of updates PLUS updating my iPad to iOS7 which I really didn't want to do.

Bloody Nora! :/ Off for some kip now. I want a job at MacDonald's. :/

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hey GfK, perhaps this will teach ya to wait so long to update your Mac software! You know Apple is punishing you because you didn't stay in the fresh kool-aide? :)

And... I often tease my wife that I'm gonna stop my software engineering job and become a bread baker :P At least then, you know you did your day's work when all the bread is baked. You always get to start fresh the next day with another round. You never need to go far above the complexity of "Why is my dough not rising?" Oh... just toss out the batch and get some fresh yeast! Problem solved!

Have a good night man. Sounds like you need some good sleep. :)

Good job getting it figured out.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#4]
the above errors were caused by using an older version of Diddy

Least you figured it out :)

The so-called "zip" version, is now a "rar" version, and I have nothing on my Mac that will extract rar files.

My bad... in the future there wont be any downloads from Google Code... but Google has added automatic zip creation (Download zip):
http://code.google.com/p/diddy/source/browse/

Which is how I ended up fannying on with an HG client

Thats good - Hg is awesome!