iOS7/Xcode5 statusbar.

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS7/Xcode5 statusbar.

Spinal(Posted 2013) [#1]
It turns out a new feature in iOS7 is to allow individual view controllers to show/hide the statusbar in iOS. To disable this and return functionality back to 'normal' simple add the following to MonkeyGame-info.plist

View controller-based status bar appearance

and set it to 'No'

There you go, statusbar hiding/showing according to the 'Status Bar Style' attribute in Deployment Info.

siread(Posted 2013) [#2]
This works fine during the app launch, but once it has finished loading the status bar reappears.

Difference(Posted 2013) [#3]
I also can't get rid of it :-(

Difference(Posted 2013) [#4]
Adding "View controller-based status bar appearance" to info.plist and setting it to "NO" seems to work for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17763719/status-bar-wont-disappear

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
That works for me, too.

chimaera(Posted 2013) [#6]
I still have some problem with this. This is what I added to my info.plist:
	<key>View controller-based status bar appearance</key>
	<false/>

I am missing something?

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#7]
From the link that Difference posted you should be setting it to 'NO' rather than 'false'...

You should add this value to plist: "View controller-based status bar appearance" and set it to "NO".

This would let you set the status bar to hidden mode and it's global not like other answers.

UPDATE: If you want that the status bar would be hidden on splash screen don't forget to mark "Hide during application launch" on target status bar options. Also, you can add "Status bar is initially hidden" to "YES" on the plist if you don't want to do it with code inside the app.

chimaera(Posted 2013) [#8]
Ok. I'll try it. I just thought it was suppose to be set at as boolean false since this is displayed as NO in xCode.

siread(Posted 2013) [#9]
Argh, what am I doing wrong? I have a fresh XCode 5 build, with "View controller-based status bar appearance" boolean set to "NO". I also have "Hide during application launch" in the Gerneral tab with "Status bar is initially hidden" in the plist.

The app loads without a status bar, then it reappears (I assume when it gets to OnCreate). I've even tried building some of the Monkey demos and I get the same thing on an iPhone5 and iPadMini.

siread(Posted 2013) [#10]
Aha! For some reason when entering "View controller-based status bar appearance" via xcode it wasn't getting changed to the raw value "UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance" in the plist. I opened the plist in code and changed it manually and now it works. Phew!