iOS7 test

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS7 test

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
Happy to report that SpikeDislike2 is running without any issues on an iPod Touch 5th gen, running iOS7 beta. All New-GameCenter screens are working as expected. No issues noticeable.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#2]
Oddity spotted. If you EnableKeyboard() it brings up the older keyboard, not the new iOS7 one...!

ordigdug(Posted 2013) [#3]
I just downloaded/bought your game on my iphone5, really fun and addictive. Just a note it sometimes crashes on the main menu when looking at stats and achievements, but not during game play.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#4]
Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting to bring that up...
.. actually I keep forgetting to bother looking into it, properly, either!

As far as I can tell, I don't think it's something I've done.
	' ******   GameCenter
	Method GC_Scoreboard(fn)
#If TARGET="ios"
		If gamectr.GameCenterState()=2
			gamectr.ShowLeaderboard(LeaderBoard_ID+rstr(fn,2,"0"))
		Endif
#End
	End

There's nothing there that oughta break it.

I need to update Monkey, and double check it, but I'm pretty sure that's not my fault!
I'm currently ignoring it, and just putting it down to "An annoying quirk" until I can get it sorted.
At the very least, it's not a game-breaker.. Just a menu-breaker! .. And my game reloads exceedingly well :D

ordigdug(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks for the reply. Yes your game reloads extremely fast.

nigelibrown(Posted 2013) [#6]
Am having a few problems with Monkey building, I have updated to Beta 3 this morning.

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640

IOS7 beta 3, XCode 5 - DP3.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2013) [#7]
Had that too in the beginning. The solution is to set the Build Settings properly like so:

Also I think I found a bug with Game Center.
If you only enable landscape mode but want to ShowLeaderboards it will throw an exception. Just enabling Portrait mode the problem will disappear.

Here seems to be a solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12540597/supported-orientations-has-no-common-orientation-with-the-application-and-shoul

chimaera(Posted 2013) [#8]
Hmm... After updating to latest Xcode and compiling for iOS I get the following error.

Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/MonkeyGame normal i386
    cd "/Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios"
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.0
    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/chimaera/dev/BlitzMax/bin:/Users/chimaera/dev/MonkeyPro69/bin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk -L/Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox\ Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -Llibs -F/Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox\ Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox\ Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/MonkeyGame.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -mios-simulator-version-min=3.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox\ Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/MonkeyGame_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/chimaera/Projects/Dropbox\ Dev/Dropbox/PinballDB/pinballdb.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/MonkeyGame
ld: symbol dyld_stub_binding_helper not found, normally in crt1.o/dylib1.o/bundle1.o for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/MonkeyGame normal i386
(1 failure)
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640
[Finished in 2.8s with exit code 255]

It only seems to be a problem with the SDK Simulator. If I run the compilation from Xcode to my iphone5 it works...

Any suggestions?