Monkey->iOS Checklist

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Monkey->iOS Checklist

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
I've been meaning to post this for ages, but, in all honesty, I rarely find myself using my Mac anymore.
I blame Monkey!
Monkey makes it easy for me to sit at my Windows Laptop all day, then occasionally do a quick compile on the Mac.

Where I used to spend hours wrangling with XCode, Cocos2D and ObjC, I now just do it all on the PC!
SO much easier!!

But I kept leaving this big rambling blog post as a Sticky Note on the Mac, and never seemed to get around to copying it over to the PC.
I finally bothered, this week, and have finally managed to get the whole blog post finished up.

I should warn you, I'm not the world's best advice-giver, and following my advice usually leads to annoying dead-ends at a later date. I tend to trial-and-error my methods, and usually dumb-luck most of the way through things! There may be (probably are) quicker/easier ways to do half of these things.. But for now this all mostly works!
.. or at least, it does for me!

Monkey->iOS : After F5 : No pictures. Lots of words!

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Pretty awesome! Thanks for that. I always wondered about that empty Icon 0 as well. LOL

sandfella(Posted 2013) [#3]
This is superbananas!!

One tiny thing: mac mini "bit more than £100"? Here cheapest is like 650 eur :)

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yep, that's what I'd call "a bit more!"

benmc(Posted 2013) [#5]
Great list. If you rename your project this way with the current version of Monkey however, you can't just re-build from Monkey like you used to be able to and keep testing on your device.

I now usually save the renaming until the VERY end, when everything is perfect, since I'll have to start over and do everything all over again, delete the build folder and all, just to test the game when renaming.