Problem submitting to app store

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Problem submitting to app store

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#1]
I've got my game working... (not on iOS4.3, unfortunately), but when submitting the to App Store, I'm receiving this error messages:

"Your app contains non public API usage, please review the errors, re-submit"

"Apps are not permitted to access he UDID and must not use the uniqueIdentifier method of UIDevice"

The only thing that *could* be causing this second problem is when I check if the device is an iPad:

String GetDeviceType()
// iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad ...
{
  NSString *stringResponse = [[UIDevice currentDevice] model];
  return String(stringResponse);
}

But without this could, how can I detect an iPad (and change admob to display leaderboards instead of banner ads?)

benmc(Posted 2013) [#2]
I don't know if Mark has updated the AdMob SDK since the latest SDK update which removes the reference to the UDID. Is it possible that the UDID is in the Admob module you are using?

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#3]
Nevermind - it was AdMob. Updating it to 6.4.2 (Monkey comes with 6.2.1) fixed the problem.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#4]
@benmc: yup, that was exactly the problem :)
Thanks for the help :)

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#5]
Is it safe to use Admob 6.4.2 now? There was a rumour it was causing apps to be rejected too...

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#6]
Yes, it's safe, my app was approved with both 6.4.1 and now 6.4.2 without any issues.

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#7]
ah, got the same problem. I'm even more of a noob than normal when it comes to mac stuff, so what's the easiest way to update the admob library on ios (to one that actually works!)

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#8]
just download the latest lib and extract it over the old one. Works like a charm!