Simulator starting, but never loading?

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Simulator starting, but never loading?

Ken(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi Guys,

Monkey newbie here trying to figure things out. I'm running MonkeyPro70b, on OSX 10.8.3, compiling with Xcode 4.6.1 for use with many different iOS devices.

When I run an app in html5 mode, it loads the browser, and launches the page very quickly.

It'd be spiffy if when I built for iOS, the code would be run in the simulator, but it doesn't seem to be working. The simulator takes the time to load up and show the icons on its home screen, but no app...I don't even see the icon on the screen that the binary had loaded.

If I use the finder, and dig down to where the app file is created, there's a 'MonkeyGame' bundle. Inside that there's a i386 executable, though the finder shows it as not executable on the mac.

I found iPhoneSim and WaxSim, both of which claim to be able to load apps into the simulator from the command line, but they don't seem to have been updated since Xcode changed to living in /Applications instead of /Developer.

-Ken

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#2]
Silly question, but have you switched to the second page of the home screen?

On the simulator for me it always places the app on the second page so I have to swipe across, even if there is room on the first page where the other app icons are.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yes, the app is placed on the second page and never starts on its own like it does on Android. You have to start it from there.

Ken(Posted 2013) [#4]
Now that was genuinely strange.

There was a MonkeyGame I'd loaded before...but not the one I was playing with. I had run it in Xcode earlier this afternoon. I simply thought the loading wasn't working. I don't know what I had done wrong before.

I did a 'Reset' of the Simulator to clear it of any cruft and ran the app again from Ted on OSX, and lo and behold there it was on the second page of the simulator.

Colour me embarrassed.

Thanks, Guys,

-Ken