iPhone 5 / Tall...

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iPhone 5 / Tall...

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
Aww, so close!
So, I finally installed 67d onto my Mac. I had a few gripes with it, mostly that it borked a few essential things, so have left v66 on my main Windows system, but figured I might as well have a fiddle with 67 on the Mac, for iOS dev'ing.
I'm happy to report that simply upgrading Monkey has enabled orientation swivelling! That's SO awesome! Thankyou, Mark! Woohoo!!

However, the downside is that, unless I'm missing something, the games still don't fit snuggly onto the new taller/wider display of iPhone 5 (or in my case, the cheaper iPod Touch)
Instead, I'm still getting a back-bar'd app.
Am I missing something obvious?

benmc(Posted 2013) [#2]
Are you including a loading image for the tall screen format in your XCode project? Without it, you get the black bars and it won't stretch all the way.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#3]
Aaah! That's good to know. I'll give that a whirl later. Thanks.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks for the advice.
Simply adding a tall/wide Default image has indeed made things run in tall/wide Retina5 resolution.
Great stuff!

Grey Alien(Posted 2013) [#5]
Just wanted to confirm that this totally worked for me as well. I added a 640x1136 launch image on the Summary page and the game detected the larger resolution. Otherwise DeviceHeight() only returns 960 (iPhone 4 height).