UIInterfaceOrientationMask... was not declared

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/UIInterfaceOrientationMask... was not declared

Wiering(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm trying to use Monkey (newest version MonkeyPro66) on a Mac for the first time (OS X 10.6.8, XCode 3.2.6) and can't get any of the examples to compile to target iOS.

Any ideas?

- - - - -

"/Users/mike/monkey/bin/trans_macos" -target=ios -config=Debug -run "/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.42
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Build settings from command line:
PLATFORM_NAME = iphonesimulator
SDKROOT = /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator4.3.sdk

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET MonkeyGame OF PROJECT MonkeyGame WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===
Check dependencies
CpResource build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/data data
cd /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/data /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app

CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
cd /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator4.3.sdk -fexceptions -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -gdwarf-2 -fobjc-abi-version=2 -fobjc-legacy-dispatch -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=30000 -iquote /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/MonkeyGame-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/MonkeyGame-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/MonkeyGame-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/MonkeyGame-project-headers.hmap -F/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator -I/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/include -I/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/DerivedSources -include /var/folders/mo/moKvC+VMFteMYfjpNMxzwk+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/MonkeyGame_Prefix-camftjqznkzbvnbjyxvgkalyxfej/MonkeyGame_Prefix.pch -c /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm -o /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o

/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm: In function 'NSUInteger -[MonkeyViewController supportedInterfaceOrientations](MonkeyViewController*, objc_selector*)':
/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm:225: error: 'UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortrait' was not declared in this scope
/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm:226: error: 'UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortraitUpsideDown' was not declared in this scope
/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm:227: error: 'UIInterfaceOrientationMaskLandscapeLeft' was not declared in this scope
/Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm:228: error: 'UIInterfaceOrientationMaskLandscapeRight' was not declared in this scope
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
MonkeyGame:
CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o /Users/mike/monkey/bananas/mak/mojotest/mojotest.build/ios/main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
(1 failure)

TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=256
Done.

skid(Posted 2012) [#2]
I am also on older xcode and had to comment out those lines in my project for it to compile:

-(NSUInteger)supportedInterfaceOrientations{

CFArrayRef array=(CFArrayRef)CFBundleGetValueForInfoDictionaryKey( CFBundleGetMainBundle(),CFSTR("UISupportedInterfaceOrientations") );
	if( !array ) return 0;

CFRange range={ 0,CFArrayGetCount( array ) };

NSUInteger mask=1;	//simon was here 	

//    if( CFArrayContainsValue( array,range,	 ) ) mask|=UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortrait;
//    if( CFArrayContainsValue( array,range,CFSTR("UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown") ) ) mask|=UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortraitUpsideDown;
//    if( CFArrayContainsValue( array,range,CFSTR("UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft") ) ) mask|=UIInterfaceOrientationMaskLandscapeLeft;
//    if( CFArrayContainsValue( array,range,CFSTR("UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight") ) ) mask|=UIInterfaceOrientationMaskLandscapeRight;

return mask;
}

If you alter the code in targets/ios/main.mm you will need to remove any .build folders that have been created already so that monkey generates new code with the change.

Wiering(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks skid, now it works!

I do hope that Monkey will keep working with older versions of xcode.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#4]
While it might work with it, to my knowledge you need to update XCode anyway when you wanna publish it. The newest Icon requirements force you to do so.

Wiering(Posted 2012) [#5]
Which version do you need for those newest icon requirements?

In the mean time, I bought a developers license and was now able to update xcode to 4.2 (the newest that runs on OSX 10.6.8) and I still get the same errors as above (which I could solve in the same way).

I can't update to Mountain Lion, since it says that my computer is not compatible (Macmini1,1).

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#6]
from what i got told, you need the newest xcode version but they could be wrong.

aven59(Posted 2012) [#7]
I have Xcode 4.4.

Same errors here.

aven59(Posted 2012) [#8]
Seems to work with xcode 4.5.2