TRANS not finding simulator to run app (XCode 4.3)

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/TRANS not finding simulator to run app (XCode 4.3)

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi guys. I have installed 4.3 which is now in the applications folder but Trans is trying to find it at the old /Developer location.

No matching processes belonging to you were found
TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'open "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app"', return code=256
The file /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app does not exist.

Is there a way to set Trans to use the new location? I could set up a link I imagine but I don't really want to have the old directory around just for that.

Cheers
Aaron

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Shameless bump. Noone?

CopperCircle(Posted 2012) [#3]
Try to use the "xcode-select" command in a Terminal to set the Xcode install location, TRANS should use that as its reference.

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#4]
It looks like I am having similar issue. Initially so I wasn't able to compile, but using "sudo xcode-select -switch /" changed the path and now Trans/Monkey sits at "Building" phase like forever, even though I can compile and run apps from within Xcode manually. This is brand new Mac with OSX 10.7.3, I didn't have such issues on older Mac with 10.6.8.

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks CopperCircle but xcode-switch only works to specify where xcode itself is, not the simulator.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hi,

Should have a fix for this (and bmx -lcrt0.a build bug) out early next week.

Anatol(Posted 2012) [#7]
If you still have issues with this, I ran
sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/XCode.app

After that TRANS worked well.

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#8]
that might be not enough... if that doesn't help, you might need to install command line tools in Xcode.

dirkk(Posted 2012) [#9]
Thanks, Anatol. That helped here. This should go into the docs (or not be necessary at all).

dirkk(Posted 2012) [#10]
Also it should be mentioned that you need to compile/run a sample iOS in XCode first - otherwise the iOS Simulator directory doesn't seem to exist (if the target is IOS).