Black screen in "ipad simulator"

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Black screen in "ipad simulator"

mardrag(Posted 2012) [#1]
My app is working on different targets (android, windows phone, html5, flash).
But when I try to run it in XCode the "ipad simulator" (or iphone simulator) windows pops up, but the screen remains black.

The console window of the build process says the following:

AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000C2C) 8.24-bit little-endian signed integer, deinterleaved
2012-02-17 22:36:04.501 MonkeyGame[338:10a03] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/AudioIPCPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AudioIPCPlugIn: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/AudioIPCPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AudioIPCPlugIn, 262): Symbol not found: ___CFObjCIsCollectable
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
Expected in: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
in /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
2012-02-17 22:36:04.520 MonkeyGame[338:10a03] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/AudioIPCPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AudioIPCPlugIn: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/AudioIPCPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AudioIPCPlugIn, 262): Symbol not found: ___CFObjCIsCollectable
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
Expected in: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
in /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
2012-02-17 22:36:04.524 MonkeyGame[338:10a03] Error '!obj' trying to fetch default input device's sample rate
2012-02-17 22:36:04.527 MonkeyGame[338:10a03] Error getting audio input device sample rate: '!obj'

mardrag(Posted 2012) [#2]
I've found the solution in another forum:

- The warnings can be ignored, they don't cause the problem
- The black screen is a common bug in iphone/ipad simulator 5. Using v4 of the simulator instead doesn't produce the black screen