Tips for submitting to Apple App Store

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Tips for submitting to Apple App Store

benmc(Posted 2011) [#1]
I was wondering if anyone has any tidbits or advice about things to do before submitting to the App Store that you may have missed or failed your first time around.

What was your app rejected for, etc?

Were there any things you found to cause bugs that you had to quickly fix after a first launch?

Etc.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
Make sure that you have tested it on a real device... when I was developing Pirate Solitaire on the iPhone it worked fine in the simulator, but when I put it on my iPod it crashed due to memory issues.

benmc(Posted 2011) [#3]
I definitely test on-device. Half the fun is having the work in progress on my phone :) I run it out to my Android devices too, but I'm just not seeing the same level of performance there yet.

What kind of memory issues did you run into, and how did you find them?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#4]
It was a few months ago now and I was using music, which caused the memory issues... Mark has fixed these issue now.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#5]
Boy this app submission is a horror if you do it the first time. I spend almost the complete night to grasp all concepts of keys, certificates and so on. Not to count the bugs XCode has.

I'll create a step by step guide how to create and submit a Monkey app...

Android was rather easy compared to that and Windows a piece of cake!

benmc(Posted 2011) [#6]
I actually have no problem getting it all to work on an iOS device, but was wondering about the submission process, such as the advertising resources they might require, or any captchas there may be during the submission process that are easy to miss, like icon sizes, screenshots, etc.

benmc(Posted 2011) [#7]
Someone posted the following URL on Hacker News with a checklist for developers to review before submitting to the App Store. This is kind-of what I was thinking about, thought I'd link to it here:

https://ontestpad.com/library/201/ios-app-store-submission-checklist