iOS splash screen issues

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS splash screen issues

Bladko(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello team,

I was wondering if there is a standard iOS splash screen which is required by AppStore during app verification during app review.

Based on my experiences normal splash screen which is used on android (create seperate screen, load all images, draw splash screen / loading bar, cache rest of them by drawing outside the screen, after finish just run the game). But such technique does not work on iOS simulator ( or should it ?). I mean there is a 2-3 delay before anything is displayed then caching time takes just few ms. So splash screen is displayed for very short period of time.

Bladum

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Couple of things to note here.

First, I load my own splash screen and display it before anything else. All my other graphics etc are loaded in OnUpdate and there is a reason for this. If your game takes more than ~15s to start up in OnCreate, then it will time-out and fail to run. AppStore will reject apps that do this.

Second, in XCode you can define a specific startup screen for each orientation. To do this you need to build the project from Monk/Jungle, open the resulting project in XCode, and set the app preferences from there before building for iOS simulator.

Bladko(Posted 2011) [#3]
ok thanks, ive just setup "lunch icon for iphone / ipad" and its works in a same way as android

Bladko(Posted 2011) [#4]
ok but there is no option to set splashScreen.png and splashScreen@... same as icon for retina display (there is such option for iPad)