Warning: Enumeration values not handled in switch

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Warning: Enumeration values not handled in switch

Anatol(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi forum,

I'm fairly new at monkeycode and so far I'm impressed - I don't come from a game developer background, but Monkeycode just makes perfect sense. Also, all target platforms I tested so far look identical, which is fantastic!

Here's my first little issue, though. For the iOS target I just upgraded to XCode 4.2 / iOS5, the Monkey project is built with version 47c. I now get a warning when I build/run the project with both Monkey and XCode:

"Warning: Enumeration values 'UITouchPhaseMoved' and 'UITouchPhaseStationary' not handled in switch"

This refers to the line "switch( [touch phase] ){" in the gxtkInput::OnEvent() in main.mm (see further below).

I also notice that a multi-touch gesture that used to work before doesn't work any more. Single-touch gestures still work fine. The only touch index that is registered is index 0.

Looking at the code block below I think the touch index issue could be related to the warning.

Did anyone come across that issue?

The code above comes straight from MonkeyPro/modules/native/mojo.ios.cpp and is part of main.mm

Cheers!
Anatol

Anatol(Posted 2011) [#2]
OK, this was partly a real Monkeycode beginner's issue. Multi-touch gestures worked again once I deleted the previous iOS build...

Still, XCode 4.2/iOS5 complains and issues the warning in my previous post. It would help to add UITouchPhaseMoved and UITouchPhaseStationery or a "default:" to the switch in modules/native/mojo.ios.cpp (see my post above)

Currently any build of any project creates the warning in iOS.