XCode 3.2.6 vs XCode 4.x

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/XCode 3.2.6 vs XCode 4.x

therevills(Posted 2011) [#1]
Im currently using XCode 3.2.6, is it worth updating to XCode 4?

Thanks!

Hima(Posted 2011) [#2]
It's a lot stable now, though it can be buggy at times and sometime even crash or do weird stuffs. They do simplify a lot of things, namely building and sharing/uploading the app process. But at the same time, some of them are just stupid ( adding framework isn't obvious anymore ).

If you have time in your hand, no important project and have time to spare to adapt to the new environment, then I think you should update to it because I'm afraid they might force us all to use it sooner or later. But if you have something you need to deliver then stick with XCode 3 for now and wait til it's more stable would be better for you.

xzess(Posted 2011) [#3]
For me i got best Experience with xcode4. Its just sweet. And my iTunes Distribution was also Build with 4.

Greetz
Xzess

therevills(Posted 2011) [#4]
Well Ive just submitted Pirate Solitaire ("Waiting For Review") using XCode 3.2.6.......... such a PITA!!!

JaviCervera(Posted 2011) [#5]
Xcode 4 changed a lot of things in respect to Xcode 3, and it made me feel a bit out of place at first, but once I got used to it, I think Xcode 4 is amazing.

maverick69(Posted 2011) [#6]
XCode 4 is amazing. The real-time-syntax-error-checking using LLVM is worth it to update!