Building in Xcode, but TestDevice has no connectio

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Building in Xcode, but TestDevice has no connectio

xzess(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,
i made a build in Xcode which worked nice, but when i want to test it on device, it says no device connected, which is an error i can't fix!
on windows i have no problems. so my question is, is there a way to send the compiled build.app to the windows machine to transfer with itunes?

since im a registered apple dev, my embedded.mobileprovision is inside the build. first tests by sending it on the PC and trying with itunes, the app always get rejected.. but why?
my certificated is inside the build and inside the itunes lib!

Thanks for help, this is very important for me!

OvineByDesign(Posted 2011) [#2]
Set your iphone to being a "developer" device. - plug in the phone and goto the organiser screen.

xzess(Posted 2011) [#3]
thanks, but this isn't really helpful for me :/ the problem is with snow leopard. its not finding the iphone after update..
so if i can't get a fix quickly, i have to try other ways like building in xcode, emailing the build and then upload to the phone via itunes, but this does not work unfortunately..
i own everything legal of course... i hate macs, i spent 2 days for getting xcode to run and to setup build possibility with device... after i installed xcode, and patching, my phone didn't got recognized anymore.
i googled it and it seems to be a known problem..

ARGH

someone other has this problem? or maybe a tip? a workaround?
making some apple sauce with a good shot bourbon and after that a shot bourbon without apple souce and try again?
i should plug my monitor and mouse into an apple this is much more effective to work

don't work with apple or you'll just get appled (bzw man wird nur veräppelt/verappled)

xzess(Posted 2011) [#4]
ok my workaround is:

- Select Device
- Build for Archive
- Copy the IPA via Itunes

This works only with Xcode 4
In Xcode 3 i didn't get it working.
It seems that it was an apple problem, where the solution i not have yet.