Failed to create dir

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Failed to create dir

therevills(Posted 2011) [#1]
Finally installed Snow Leopard and updated it to 10.6.7 and now just trying Bouncy Aliens example... but I am getting the following error:

Any ideas whats wrong?

xzess(Posted 2011) [#2]
delete the build folder manually and then rebuild again, i had same problems, this worked for me

therevills(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks, but it still fails...

Its having trouble creating the iPhone Simulator/4.2/Applications/00C69C9A-C9DE-11DF-B3BE-5540E0D72085 folder.

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#4]
Is Xcode installed?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yeah.

The build succeeds and I can open the project and run it in xcode fine, just cant do "everything" in Monkey/Monk...

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#6]
Have you installed the iPhone SDK? XCode usually comes with it.
Or the file permissions are wrong. If I think I remember reading somewhere that some 3rd party zip tools don't set the file permissions correctly. Try and un-zip the monkey archive by double clicking it.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#7]

Have you installed the iPhone SDK? XCode usually comes with it.

Yep, code is running fine in the iPhone simulator when running from Xcode.

Try and un-zip the monkey archive by double clicking it.

Yep, tried this too...

Think I just found a way to do it... but I think its still a bug with Monkey. I loaded up my project in XCode and compiled it for iPhone 4.2, which created the folders in iPhone Simulator/4.2, after that I can now compile and run from Monk.

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#8]
Think I just found a way to do it... but I think its still a bug with Monkey. I loaded up my project in XCode and compiled it for iPhone 4.2, which created the folders in iPhone Simulator/4.2, after that I can now compile and run from Monk.
Every thing builds correctly on my machine with no errors. But when the iphone simulator fires up there's no monkey app icon or I got the disk of death. When I looked at the XCode build it was set to use SDK 3.0. The question is what is the minimum SDK target for monkey?

Wagenheimer(Posted 2011) [#9]
This never worked to me also!

But I keep the project open on XCode, and I just press play there after monkey compiles. =)

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#10]
Just a thought therevills have you tried completely removing Xcode + SDK's and re-installing?

xzess(Posted 2011) [#11]
this was just simple for me!

just create the 4.2 folder because xcode 3 has only a 4.3 folder actually