Xcode 4

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/Xcode 4

skid(Posted 2011) [#1]
Still got another 2 hours to download...

Just wondering if anyone else has updated and had any problems so far.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#2]
No my download was pretty quick.

Qube(Posted 2011) [#3]
I haven't even got as for starting to download XCode 4 yet :( - When updating the iPad to iOS 4.3 (I didn't get the GM) It popped up as 4 hours *yikes*. I've just started it again and it says 15 minutes, yay!

I'll hopefully grab XCode 4 later on when the server tubes are not so clogged.

skid(Posted 2011) [#4]

The full Xcode 4 package, which includes the Xcode IDE, Instruments, iOS Simulator, and the Mac OS X and iOS SDKs, is free to registered developers and $4.99 for normal humans at the Mac App Store at the Mac App Store.

I suppose someone has to pay for the bandwidth...

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#5]
Alright guys, I start with that iOS stuff! So what about XCode 4? Does it work with Monkey or do I have to use the older 3.2 version?

THANKS!

DGuy(Posted 2011) [#6]
I've had no issues using XCode 4 with Monkey.

Well, except for one case where XCode 4 flagged a bit of iOS specific mojo code as an error (and properly so I think) , where in earlier versions of XCode it was being flagged with a warning ... but this was actually a good thing!

Gary Leeds(Posted 2011) [#7]
Only problem I had was having to compile a project as a 4.2 target first to create the directories that Monkey is looking to use. Apart from that it seems flawless

Gary Leeds(Posted 2011) [#8]
Spoke too soon :(

After running a few of the test examples I noticed the simulator would open but the Monkey project would not be on the menu when scrolling through. If I opened it in Xcode, compiled and ran on simulator it was fine.

Closing Monkey and Xcode and the sim didn't help. Did a reboot and it is now ok.

Only a minor inconvenience though, it's nice to be able to run the code in the simulator

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks for the info guys! :)

xzess(Posted 2011) [#10]
Ok i tested Xcode 4 and it works perfectly!
Much much better then Xcode 3!

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#11]
Can you select an iPhone as simulator target? In my environment ALWAYS the iPad simulator pops up...

xzess(Posted 2011) [#12]
yes, everything without problems.

Give that a try:
Go to your target and select Iphone as Device (i added a screen below)