iOS Target doesn't work

Monkey Targets Forums/iOS/iOS Target doesn't work

maverick69(Posted 2011) [#1]
I get the following error, when I'm trying to build an iOS target:

** BUILD FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
(1 failure)
TRANS Failed to execute 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640

Any ideas how I can fix it?

JaviCervera(Posted 2011) [#2]
Did you install the iOS SDK alongside Xcode? And are you sure you have the 4.2 version of the SDK?

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#3]
I have a similar problem but I get a different error code:

/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm: In member function 'virtual int gxtkApp::SetUpdateRate(int)':
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:1673: warning: type 'id <UIApplicationDelegate>' does not conform to the 'UIAccelerometerDelegate' protocol
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm: In constructor 'gxtkSample::gxtkSample(String)':
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:1957: warning: unused variable 'bytespersec'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:1958: warning: unused variable 'pad'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:1949: warning: unused variable 'len'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm: At global scope:
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:2230: error: new declaration 'bb_sob_Game* bb_Main()'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:885: error: ambiguates old declaration 'int bb_Main()'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm: In function 'bb_sob_Game* bb_Main()':
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:3324: error: new declaration 'bb_sob_Game* bb_Main()'
/Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm:885: error: ambiguates old declaration 'int bb_Main()'
** BUILD FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
MonkeyGame:
CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o /Users/jesseperez/Desktop/SOB/sob.build/ios/main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
(1 failure)
TRANS Failed to execute 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=256

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi,

Main must return an Int.

The error should of course be better!

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#5]
everything translate fine now But I am getting an error when trying to compile the code:
Compile Error\n\nFailed to create dir:/Users/jesseperez/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.2/Applications/00C69C9A-C9DE-11DF-B3BE-5540E0D72085

and points to this line:
			x += (speedx - dx*3.0)

x, speedx and dx are float fields in the type so I don't understand what could be wrong.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#6]
weird now I can't create any of the platforms any more. These has been happening to me everytime I leave the laptop long enough to go into sleep state. The only way I know how to resolve this is by replacing the installation with a fresh copy of Monkey.

Do Monk modifies Monk files while it runs and restore them just before shutting down?
it seems to me that it looses some integrity due to the laptop going to sleep.

skid(Posted 2011) [#7]

Compile Error\n\nFailed to create dir:/Users/jesseperez/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.2/Applications/00C69C9A-C9DE-11DF-B3BE-5540E0D72085

Can you try building the project from xcode (load, build and run the .xcodeproj in your .build/ios folder).

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#8]
I had it in the applications folder, I have it in the user's main folder now trying it to see if it looses integrity from there won't know until it goes into sleep mode. Also the above error still appears. but now I can create the other platforms.

[edit]

Yes it runs from xcode IDE.

Thanks.

what do you think is the other problem?