New to this, welcoming all advice!

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/New to this, welcoming all advice!

Jello Fox(Posted February) [#1]
I'm transitioning from Blitz basic and blitz 3d/plus and have decided to make my current project in html5 with monkey x first.. Later I plan to make the game work with other platforms, so any and all advice will be accepted and greatly appreciated.

I have a space shooter retro game boy art styled game in the works. The first issue I'm having is that I don't know how to alter the display settings for the html5. So say for instance that the game runs at 400 by 240 at the moment, and I want to scale the images and display in the window up to higher settings, I believe I can just use the scale function, then effect the DrawImage image, x*screenscale, y*screenscale , but how do I effect the html5 display settings? I have images being drawn partially off screen and scrolling onto the screen, so I only want that 400 by 240, in whatever scale I choose, to be visible.

All advice is welcome and needed as I'm still a bit overwhelmed by some of this.

dawlane(Posted March) [#2]
The default display (aka device display) for HTML5 target is 640x480 to alter this directly you will need a little knowledge of HTML5 to change the HTML document stubb.
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8409&post=85708&view=all#85708
The other solution is to use druggedbunny's Autofit to use virtual resolutions that scale to the device display.
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=1500&page=first

Jello Fox(Posted March) [#3]
I actually figured it out on my own, to my own shame cause it was so simple...

What I ended up doing was setting up the screen size for the game at 1600 by 960, large enough for most people, but with an option to make it smaller.. I then added the command Scale 4,4.... So I've solved allot of my problems in transitioning to monkey X.. I think I'm going to still have little issues come up now and then.. But I'm confident now that I can make this work..