Source folder where Monkey X gets files

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Source folder where Monkey X gets files

probson(Posted 2016) [#1]
I have a group of A level students using this for their projects. Due to network restrictions we are having to use HTML as output.

The issue is where does it get the images from in first place. We have tried pasting them into the data folder in HTML but it just wipes them.

So the question is where is the folder or location it uses as source to build the HTML folder with the images and sounds needed etc?

Thanks,

Paul

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#2]
It seems you are putting images into your data folder in the build/html folder. The right place for images, sound etc is the nameOfYourSourceFile.data folder in the same folder, where your source code is.
Look at the examples in the bananas folder.
So if you have a source file called test.monkey, you need a folder called test.data next to it.

chrisbck(Posted 2016) [#3]
You have to create a folder in the same location as the .monkey document you are compiliing. Name it with the same name as the .monkey file but with .data at the end. So if your file is called MyProject.monkey create a folder in the same die and name it MyProject.data and put all your image(or sound etc) files in there. If your project is spread over several monkey documents(i.e. using import) then use the same name as the one with the Main function. You don't need to touch anything in the HTML folder unless you want to alter the canvas size or something.

<EDIT> Oops, you beat me to it Phil.