Packaged Chrome App

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Packaged Chrome App

Sensei(Posted 2015) [#1]
Has anybody tried this yet? I am unable to get a local copy of my game to work as a packaged app. I'm not well versed, but I've managed to get a hosted app working, as that is really just a URL pointing to your hosting server. (not getting sound to work though).

My aim is to build my game for Chrome/Chrome OS as an offline capable game as it doesn't require any special persmissions really.

The chrome app dev documentation isn't very good IMO but I'll continue reading it more tomorrow to try learn from about this.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#2]
I've done it before in the past with a Monkey HTML5 app. Just keep trying and you'll figure it out.

Sensei(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks Soap. I eventually got it sorted by watching some of Google's Chrome app vids and making a hosted app. It enabled me to make it offline available and it worked like a charm.

Patch(Posted 2015) [#4]
Just in case someone stumbles across this in the future, it's worth checking out Electron. It allows you to build cross platform apps by giving you a Chromium window. Simply drop your monkey files in and the index.html and you're done.