Music file too long? Images not loading.

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Music file too long? Images not loading.

Yoda(Posted 2014) [#1]
I've replaced the quite small music file (440kb) in my game with another longer one (2.4mb), and the result is: all images loaded after the "playmusic" command not being loaded anymore, plus the music not playing at all.

Is this a memory issue or what?

Soap(Posted 2014) [#2]
Need to know device. Desktop? Should not reasonably happen... if this is the case probably something else wrong. Link to app online somewhere?

File format?
It is HTML5 target?
Have you tried different large files not made by you?

Yoda(Posted 2014) [#3]
It's HTML5 target.
It work with short files, but not with the large ones.
But looks like it works when uploaded, but not when on the MServer (localhost).

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2014) [#4]
I imagine this is more of a server/bandwidth issue than anything else.
Load the images first, get them into the memory, then stream the large media file.
If you do it the other way around, the system sits there streaming the music, and struggles to do much of anything else.

Soap(Posted 2014) [#5]
It may be a bug with MServer. Like EB said. It would be worth testing with large files with MServer and see if can't do it and under what circumstances. We all have the source so could poke it. At least good to know it works when uploaded on a full fileserver.

I use http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/ for quick local testing sometimes to test. It's not bullet proof either but nice to have options in testing.

Running other more fully developed file servers for local testing would be a good idea too. There are many options.