Using Monkey-X for HTML5 Mobile Games?

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Using Monkey-X for HTML5 Mobile Games?

FelipeA(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone is using Monkey-X for HTLM5 mobile game development.
I am asking this because I want to pitch the idea of moving from pure JavaScript to Monkey-X at the company where I work. Here we are focus completely on HTML5 on mobile devices but we are also wrapping the games with some tool. Currently this tool is not delivering the best results and that is why I want to propose Monkey. But I want to know if it really can perform as expected. We are not creating very intensive games, mostly puzzle and casual games, but they still need to perform well in devices like iphone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S3.
I am not looking for an answer like "Just do it native", because that's not the current strategy of the company. We need the games to run on mobile browsers and also native.

Thanks,
Felipe

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#2]
I did one game which includes box2d physics. Sound is tricky so left it out back then. Maybe the webaudio introduction recemtöy will help here. But performance wise it is definetly good for it.

FelipeA(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks a lot for the answer Mike. Is there a possibility that you can show what you did? I'll be doing a couple of examples myself. This company is kind of big so it would be really nice if I could push Monkey into the pipeline.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#4]
http://www.whiteskygames.com/games/NeonCommand2/index.html

paulscottrobson(Posted 2014) [#5]
Nice :) Good advert for Monkey.

One tiny thing which might confuse people - if you start it in a browser that's widescreen it shows the 'rotate your device' screen - you might want to disable this in HTML5.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#6]
I was targeting html5 sponsors with this which are basically looking for mobile html5 games only.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks Paul. For a mobile HTML5 game it is a pretty unusual one. I got only one sponsor with it but hey, still good money.

Prime_8(Posted 2014) [#8]
cool game ,
I'm glad that comment to narrow browser was there.
seemed to be some collision errors but very playable. ( on pc & chrome )