HTML5 - Connection Attempt by non-Local Host

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/HTML5 - Connection Attempt by non-Local Host

Rus(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm using Monkey 66b mini-update. I've got a clean install with no additional modules. I tried compiling bounceyaliens.monkey in Ted for HTML5 on OSX.

HTML5 build does not run and MServer output looks like this:
MServer active and listening on port 50607
***** Warning! *****
Connection attempt by non-Local host!
Remote IP=2130706433, RemotePort=49694

I'm running XCode 4.5.2 and Lion.

I've checked the firewall settings and mserver_macos.app is set to allow incoming connections. Is this right?

Any help would be great! Anyone else had a similar problem?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
That is weird, i have no problems with it. Did you change the config file somehow?

Rus(Posted 2013) [#3]
I didn't have any problem with it previously, having installed a clean install before. I've tried clearing everything and tried again. It still doesn't run and I get the same error.

@Mike
Are you running Monkey on a Mac? What config file are you referring to? Could it be something in the Mac config settings? I'm more used to Windows and may be doing something wrong when it comes to the firewall or related settings on Mac.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yes I am on OSX 10.8.2. I am refering to the config.macos.txt file inside the build folder. But you said you are using a clean install. What I find weird is that you also have problems with GLFW. It seems that something is totally wrong on your system. When you have XCode installed, HTML5 and GLFW should run out of the box.

Which path do you have Monkey installed in?

Rus(Posted 2013) [#5]
I have to agree! Something is probably wrong with my system. HTML5 and GLFW used to run out of the box. I'll try a reinstall of XCode as well.

I've tried various paths for Monkey and get the same errors. Currently I'm extracting it to /Applications/Monkey.

Thanks for all the input! I'll let you know how i get on.

Rus(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok! Solved the HTML5 on Mac issue. If anyone runs into the same issue, one thing to look at is the etc/hosts file.

For some reason i had localhost set to 0.0.0.0 when it should be 127.0.0.1

Thanks for all the help Mike!

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#7]
If anyone runs into the same issue, one thing to look at is the etc/hosts file.

I'm new to MAC. I have the same issue. where should I change that in MAC?

David Casual Box(Posted 2013) [#8]
Open a terminal :

cd /etc
nano hosts

Then look at localhost, and change the value according to what said Rus.

CTRL+X to exit, then Y to save.